Why are there still closed credit card accounts that are old on my credit report?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum Why are there still closed credit card accounts that are old on my credit report?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Terrie Garcia

I have 2 closed credit card accounts on my credit report that are 7 1/2 and 8 yrs old!
    I have no idea why they are still showing up. How can I delete them? Do I need to dispute them?

Thank you

Michael

Are these accounts in good standing?
    Credit card accounts in good standing continue to appear on your credit report for at least 10 yrs from the date they were closed, sometimes even more.

Closed accounts in good standing have zero balance. If this is the case than why on earth would you want to delete them?

Old accounts in good standing reflect favorably on your credit, they just don’t count that much in your credit score. Accounts in good standing are good news for any potential lender viewing your credit report as part of new credit application.

Leave them be. No sense in removing them.

Good luck

Terrie Garcia

You are right
    They are indeed accounts in good standing. I didn’t know they have different life span than negative accounts.

You learn something new every day. Tnx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.