Does bill me later builds credit?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Building Forum Does bill me later builds credit?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joi

I have no credit yet and find it hard to find to get approved, so I was wondering: does bill me later builds credit? Can I use instead of credit card?

Darell

Highly unlikely

It’s highly unlikely that bill me later agreements are reported to the credit bureaus, and hence won’t build your credit.

You’ll probably need to start with a secured credit card. Those are relatively easy to get because you pay a deposit which is held as held as collateral for the line of credit.

Use the card for regular purchases and pay the balance in full every month for about a year.

After a year you should be able to convert the secured card to a regular card.

Tashia

You’re not gonna get it anyway
    Bill me later is actually a credit card, so like any other credit card – you’re not gonna get it w/o credit

Derill

Secured bank loan
    Secured bank loans are also relatively easy to get, just like secured credit cards. They build credit just like CC.

If you can manage a secured credit card AND a secured loan – even better. Because they are different types of credit (installment vs. revolving), a combination of both is the best way to start building credit.

007creditagent
    Participant

Late payments will hurt your credit score. 1. Keep accounts paid to date – Staying up to date on all other bills will help to maintain your credit score and show future lenders that you’re able to make payments on time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.