How long for credit score to increase after dispute?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum How long for credit score to increase after dispute?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve

My credit score was down because I had a delinquent student loan that was not mine reported on my credit report. I disputed the account with Experian, and yesterday I received a letter saying that the account has been taken off my credit report.

I don’t want to pay again to check my credit score. Does anybody know how long does it take credit score to increase after dispute?

Martin

Your credit should increase immediately

Credit scores are reflections of your credit report. FICO formula takes into account all or most of the information that’s on your credit report so as soon as Experian removes the negative information, your credit score will go up.

B.T.W, why do you mention only Experian? If the account appeared on more than just your Experian credit report you’ll need to dispute it with the other credit bureaus as well!

Steve

It appeared only on Experian CR
    I pulled all 3 reports, but it appeared only on my Experian report. Thank you. Any idea how many points will my score go up?

Martin

No way to tell exactly
    There’s really no way to tell, because it depends on what other information you have on your CR. Anything between 0 – 100…

If the delinquent account appeared only on your EX report then your credit score should rebound to where your other scores (EQ & TR) are.

You can try using a FICO simulator to get a sense of where your score is now.

007creditagent
    Participant

You may repair your credit score But it takes a bit of time to repair the credit. We can’t expect the credit score to jump up within a day or two. It generally takes 6 to 12 months at the very least. I have been paying bills on time, I pay my rent in advance and I had excellent credit which dropped after my SSN was stolen. I had 756 and now its 548. So, I asked the Lender to Remove it With a Goodwill Adjustment Letter. This process is simple and easy to write a letter to your creditor explaining why you paid late. Ask them to forgive the late payment and assure them it won’t happen again. After few months, I checked my credit app and my score is 776.
    All we need to do is keep patience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.