SafeRent Inquiry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jullia T.

Hi,

My question is about SafeRent Inquiry. I’m new to credit, and just pulled my credit report for the first time.

Most of the stuff I managed to figure out by myself, but I have a few inquiries from companies I don’t know, one of which is SafeRent.

What am I supposed to do? Any help is appreciated.

Glenn

Re: SafeRent Inquiry

Welcome to the forums.

This is a common question here. Have you applied for an apartment lately? (or are you already renting one?)

Anyway, when you apply for housing, you are required to give the landlord permission to pull your credit report and scores. No big deal.

Most landlords and property managers don’t pull your reports themselves. They turn to a tenant screening service to do this in their name. SafeRent is one of these service providers (actually the largest in the nation).

Because SafeRent is the entity the does the actual pull, a SafeRent Inquiry shows up on your credit report.

What is your next step? Nothing. A SafeRent Hard Inquiry has a negligible effect on your score, and if the inquiry is legit then there is nothing you can do anyway.

For more information see Tenant Screening Services & Rental History Reports.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.