Absolutely free credit score

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Building Forum Absolutely free credit score

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Angela

Where can I get absolutely free credit score? I’ve started repairing my credit, and I want to be able to track how I’m doing but I don’t want to pay for it. Numerous sites advertise that they give free credit score instantly, but they all ask for my credit card details, so I don’t want to use them.
    Are there any sites that give away really free credit score?

Thanks

Ana

Re: Absolutely free credit score

Unfortunately, free credit scores are not part of the FACT Act. Although your credit score must be provided to you upon request – this service is not free.

Numerous sites advertise “free credit score” or “free credit monitoring”. These “free” services are not part of the FACT Act and are never free.

Usually, these sites give you 3 free credit scores for a short trial period of 7 to 10 days, but than the service converts to one you need to pay for, usually $15 – $25 a month.

In order to enroll for the free trial period you will need to provide your credit card details, and if you do not actively cancel the service, it automatically converts to a recurring paid service.

Credit Karma provides completely free credit score, as well as credit monitoring and even a fico calculator. It is based on your credit file from TransUnion, and the score they offer is TransUnion’s version of FICO – called EMPIRICA.

The score Credit Karma gives for free is very close to your real FICO score, within 50 points of it to be exact, and is highly correlated to it. I use it myself and I’m pretty happy with their service. I’ve compared it many times to the score I got from my bank, and it was very close to it.

Another service that offers absolutely free credit score is Quizzle, but I hear that people aren’t so pleased with their free score. I haven’t tried it myself.

See free-annual-credit-score.html and free-fico-credit-score.html for more information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.