Bank declined car loan because of repossession, but…

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Obtaining Forum Bank declined car loan because of repossession, but…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jose

I can’t find any car repossession on my report. Where are they seeing this that I can’t?

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Did you have your car repossessed or not?

To start with, did you or did you not had a car repossessed? If not – you may be a victim of yet another identity theft

And another thing – did you check all 3 reports from the 3 major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian & TransUnion)? It’s not uncommon for information to be reported for just one or two bureaus but not to all three. If you haven’t, then it’s probably showing on the ones you didn’t check.

Every time your application for credit is declined because of information that’s on your credit report you get a letter from the bank (Adverse Action Letter) that states which credit bureau they used.
    When you get that letter contact that agency and request a (free) copy of your credit report based on that adverse action letter. If you don’t see it there, go back to the bank and ask them to show you where that repossession they’re claiming you have.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.