Credit Repair Agencies

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum Credit Repair Agencies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Loo

I have a one time opportunity to purchase a home. However, my score sucks and I must improve it.

The repair agencies are all over. How do credit repair agencies work if the items listed are legit?

Can I do it myself, or must I use their services?

Angela

Consider credit repair agencies a scam!

Credit repair agencies don’t do anything for you that you can’t do yourself easily.

Most simply dispute items on your credit report, which may or may not benefit, and for this they charge hundreds of dollars!

First, information that is accurate but negative can’t and won’t be removed.

Second, they promise a lot, but are always full of excuses as to why it didn’t work out in your case.

Lastly, disputing items is a peace of cake and very easy DIY thing.

To get a mortgage you need clean credit reports.

Go to your local bookstore and get a book on
    Credit Repair (~$20). Best investment you will ever make.

P.S. If you pay someone to trick the credit bureau into removing negative but accurate information from your report and then you apply for credit – then technically you are committing a credit fraud.

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Save your money!

There is no such thing as a credit repair company with a “solid reputation”. Most credit repair companies are pure scams, and most will do nothing for except take your money.

Even those that are legit, there is nothing they can do to remove legit negative items from your report.

The normal credit repair method is to dispute negative items and hope something falls off and gets removed.

Even if something is removed, it’s likely to show back up when the creditor next updates to the credit bureaus or when the debt is sold to aother collection agency.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.