Credit Score Suggestion

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Score Forum Credit Score Suggestion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eastwestcindy3
    Participant

Hello all!

I am currently working with a credit repair company for 6 months, and my credit score went up from 580 to 624.

Now it dropped back because I opened a new card and had to max it out. I got the approved for Firestone credit for $900. I had my BK discharged in February of last year.

Are those good results for 6 months. I am paying 149 a month for two people.

They have disputed a lot of things from the credit but I am just wondering if those are good results.
    Also, for credit monitoring I am using identityiq, would you suggest something else? I am trying to go as cheap as possible so I can pay off that $900 for tires.

Thanks in advance.

007creditagent
    Participant

Hi,

You may repair your credit,but it take a bit of time. Don’t expect the credit score to jump up within a day or two. It generally takes 6 to 12 months at the very least. If you wish to repair the credit score on your own, here are a few steps you need to follow:

• Pay attention to your credit report: Now that you know why the credit report is so important, you understand why it is important to ensure that it is error-free. What you need to do is to check it regularly. Once you do so, you can easily find the errors to rectify them. In case the errors are severe yet disputable, you can always approach the concerned credit bureau for rectification.
    • Clear all missed payments: Missed payments mar your credit score considerably. You’d want to remove this blemish as soon as possible. This you can do by clearing all current payments.
    • Stay away from hard inquiries: When you apply for a new credit or loan, you get what is known as a hard inquiry. This can be damaging to your credit score. It is a general advice not to take new loans or credit until your credit score has improved.
    • Gets disputes resolved: If you have any disputes on financial matters, credit report errors, missed payments, etc. get them resolved. Once done, ensure that your score does not get tarnished by these instances again.
    • Get a secured credit card: If you want to build your credit score, one of the most effective ways to do so is by getting a . To get this, you have to make a security deposit. All activities on the card affect your credit score.

Joe Suarez
    Participant

(Awaiting moderation)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.