Free score and credit report

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Obtaining Forum Free score and credit report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brandie

Where can I get my free score and credit report? I tried many sites that offer free 3 in one credit reports, but they all keep asking for my credit card details. I know that I’m entitled for a free report and score, but how can I get them?

Vonda

Re: Free score and credit report

Like so many people, you’re confusing between your credit report and your credit scores. According to the FACT Act, you’re only entitled to a free copy of your credit reports.

Your credit score must be provided to you upon request, but not for free. It costs anything from $11 to $25 for a single credit score disclosure.

Free credit reports are available through the Annual Credit Report Service at http://www.annualcreditreport.com. This site was set up by the 3 major credit bureaus for this purpose. You can order your free credit report online, by mail or via a toll free number. Avoid contacting the credit bureaus themselves. They also provide credit reports and scores, but not for free and not as a part of your free annual credit report as per the FACT Act.

See free-government-credit-report.html for more details and information regarding your free credit reports and an important personal information scams warning.

Many sites promise to give you free score and credit report, but as you’ve already seen – they all want your credit card (and your money).

That being said, there are some really free credit score services that do not ask your credit card for registering. The most famous is CreditKarma, and there’s also Quizzle and Credit Sesame. They offer free credit scores (Credit Karma’s score is very accurate) and some other paid services. But the credit score is always free and there’s no trial period.

See free-annual-credit-score.html for more information, and free-fico-credit-score.html for a list of these services.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.