Getting my score to 620

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum Getting my score to 620

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dedikate
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I am currently at 550 and need a 620 score to get what I am looking for. The only open lines I have are my mortgage, a secured card for 200, and I just opened a capital one for 300 unsecured a week ago. I have a couple collections including an attorneys office for 300 and 3 chase cards totaling 20k The depts are going on 6 years old. It seems to me getting a 620 score should be pretty easy, I just dont know what I can do currently to make my credit better. Any suggestions? Im trying to get a home equity line of credit. Thanks in advance

007 Credit Agent
    Participant

Hi,

You may get your credit up to 620, but it take a bit of time. Don’t expect the credit score to jump up within a day or two. It generally takes 6 to 12 months at the very least. If you wish to get your credit score on your own, here are a few steps you need to follow:

• Pay attention to your credit report: Now that you know why the credit report is so important, you understand why it is important to ensure that it is error-free. What you need to do is to check it regularly. Once you do so, you can easily find the errors to rectify them. In case the errors are severe yet disputable, you can always approach the concerned credit bureau for rectification.
    • Clear all missed payments: Missed payments mar your credit score considerably. You’d want to remove this blemish as soon as possible. This you can do by clearing all current payments.
    • Gets disputes resolved: If you have any disputes on financial matters, credit report errors, missed payments, etc. get them resolved. Once done, ensure that your score does not get tarnished by these instances again.
    • Get a secured credit card: If you want to build your credit score, one of the most effective ways to do so is by getting a . To get this, you have to make a security deposit. All activities on the card affect your credit score.

Hope this help you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.