Goal is +200 points in 6 months

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Building Forum Goal is +200 points in 6 months

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rushguy44
    Participant

I’ve never paid my bills, my wife has always handled finances in our house. When I left the military, I had good credit (i think… I got approved easily and paid everything on time). Soon after, starting my own business, I fell behind on all my bills and fast forward 7 years, here I am, with all 3 scores hovering around 505.

So here is my journey so far.

I now handle all finances.
    I got a copy of all 3 reports.
    I signed up for CK app on my phone.
    I got a 6 month – $500 loan from my Credit Union and set up autopay.
    I got a 90 day trial to SkyBlue – they are working on some disputes for me, and I plan on cancelling before the 90 days is up if they don’t provide any real benefit. So far, I’m not impressed with the communication and process.
    Signed up with Self, and got a $500 12 month loan, auto pays every month (total cost is $76)
    Got a secured Credit Card from my credit union, set up $1000 balance and set up auto pay (statement balance – not minimum due) and I use roughly $90/month past two months to keep it in use, and balance under 20%.

As for debts, I still have some items reporting negatively, but I’m coming close to the 7 year mark on many of them and have a total of $57,154 of debt falling off (due to 7 years rule) in November 2020.

I think I’m in good shape, I have a secured card for $1000, two loans ($500 each) and am now making ALL bills paid on-time. I have a car payment however that is paid off, but will still be reported late for a few years… I’m hoping SkyBlue can get me a ‘pay for delete’ deal on that one.

Any advice, anything else I can/should be doing? Am I realistic with this goal?

freddy0
    Participant

This same exact issue my brother has and his still in the military. I’m really looking forward to an answer from this. Anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.