How long does a chapter 7 bankruptcy stay on your credit report?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Report Forum How long does a chapter 7 bankruptcy stay on your credit report?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James

I filed for bankruptcy at the end of 2004 and it was charged off in 2005. I expected it go go away from my credit report this year because 7 years have passed, but it’s still there hurting my score and costing me money.
    Does anyone know how much bankruptcies last on a credit report?

James

Anat

10 Yrs from the date of discharge

Chapter 7 bankruptcy stays on your record for 10 years <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>from the date of Dischage</span>.

So it will remain on your report until 2015. However, if you keep everything in good standing and a good payment history, it will take less and less effect on your credit report.

Your Credit Cards and debts that were included will drop off after 7 years from the last action date.

This last action is generally the date of your bankruptcy but could vary based on when you stopped paying you debts.

So in reality you could have 3 years where you just have the bankruptcy listed but no other negative information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.