How to remove a public record from my credit report?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum How to remove a public record from my credit report?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Desmond

I have a court judgment that I was wrongfully accused off and proved that I did not owe any money. It is listed as “Satisfied”.

I’m currently trying to fix my credit report because I plan to apply for a mortgage, and so I’d like to have it removed.

Is there any way to remove this public record and have a clean file?

Rex

What was the exact ruling?

What do you mean by “Satisfied”? There are two options, with a big difference between them:

1. The plaintiff got a judgment and the defendant paid up as ordered by the court.

This kind of judgment is better than a charge-off, but only to a small matter of degree.
      Since the credit bureaus are allowed to report accurate information – there is nothing you can legally do to remove the item.

2. The case was dismissed or the court found for the defendant.

In this case the item should clearly not be on your report , on the grounds that you were wrongly accused. It may work, and it may not, but you have nothing to loose trying.

Get a copy of the court order and file written dispute with each of 3 major credit bureaus. Ask that the judgment be removed entirety and enclose a copy of the court order.

Harlen

Re: fix my credit report

You don’t need to remove it if it says ‘Satisfied’. It doesn’t affect your score, and although it shows on your file, it probably won’t count against you in any lending decision.

Many people have to go to court to solve valid disputes with companies. As long as the judgment was satisfied it shouldn’t have any adverse affect on you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.