Judgment not showing up as satisfied/released on my credit report

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Report Forum Judgment not showing up as satisfied/released on my credit report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Midrade

I had two judgments against me that are paid and settled for more than a year. Two months ago I pulled my annual credit reports, and fund out that both judgments do not show “satisfied” as I have expected them to.

My next action was naturally to dispute it with the credit bureaus. I haven’t heard yet from TransUnion & Equifax, but the letter from Experian had just arrived now, and they insist the result of the inquiry they’ve done shows that the judgment aren’t satisfied.

What should be my next move?

Thank you for your help

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

You should go back to the lawyers and the court

Simply disputing the items won’t help because your lawyers didn’t complete the paperwork!

The lawyers have to file paperwork with the court to show the judgment is satisfied. Until that happens, the records won’t show that the judgments are satisfied.

When you dispute the item with the credit bureaus, they simply check with the court records that show the judgments aren’t satisfied, so they keep it like that on your report.

Simply go back to your lawyers and the court, and the issue would resolve without you having to dispute it again.

Good luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.