Missed a payment with a prepaid card

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum Missed a payment with a prepaid card

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerry

Hi, I have a website hosting service that I regularly pay for with a prepaid credit card. I completely forgot to pay this month’s fee. Will it affect my credit?

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Probably not

To start with, prepaid credit cards are not an extension of credit, and as such aren’t reported to the credit bureaus and have absolutely no effect on your credit.

Even if you would pay the web hosting site with a regular credit card it wouldn’t matter. What the credit card companies report is whether you pay your statements on time.

The website hosting company probably does not report to any of the credit bureaus. It’s expensive to subscribe and would have no value to them.

If you continue to hold further payments, they could turn the debt over to a collection agency who would report the defaulted debt to the credit bureaus. It also depends on what your contract with them.

I doubt if they bother with such small debts. More likely, they will just terminate your service. If you plan to continue using their services, simply pay the fee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.