My score is 322. I never missed a payment…

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Score Forum My score is 322. I never missed a payment…

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kim

I’m 23 and looking to move out. I wanted to rent an apartment, but they said that I can’t get it because my score is 322!

Why is my score so terrible? I have two credit cards for about 2.5 years. I always pay my statements in full ever month. I was never late, and I have no other debts.

What can I do to boost my credit?

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

You need to pull your credit reports and check them

This is an extremely low score. If you have 2.5 credit history with no negatives on your report, your score should be much higher. Mid 600 at least.

It sounds that something is very wrong. It could mean a few things:

1) Is that score from just one credit bureau, or all three? It matters, because your credit cards may not be reporting to all 3 credit bureaus, so you may lack credit information with one bureau. In that case you can ask them to use your credit report from a different bureau.

2) You may have incorrect information on your report. It happens all the time. You can have someone else’s bankruptcy reported as yours, which can explain such a low score. In that case, a simple dispute will solve the problem.

3) It may very well be a case of identity theft. Someone may have opened credit cards in your name and have defaulted on them.

4) You may have unpaid bills that you aren’t aware of, that have gone to collection. It can be anything: a bounced check, medical bill, unpaid parking ticket…

What you need to do is to pull your credit reports from all the 3 major credit bureaus and check them thoroughly. You’re bound to run into something unexpected. Get to the bottom of it and solve the problem.

Good luck

P.S. when you find what was the problems, please do come back and it share with us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.