Do all these people who send me credit card offers pay to see my credit score?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Obtaining Forum Do all these people who send me credit card offers pay to see my credit score?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

Just curious. Do they get some kind of a special discount?

Casey

They don’t actually see your credit

They only pay when you actually accept the offer and apply.

When you get a credit card offer that says you’ve been pre-approved or pre-selected, that doesn’t mean that the offering entity ever viewed your credit reports or scores.

They DO pay the credit bureaus to get bulk lists of potential consumers that fall within certain credit rating parameters (i.e. pre-selected consumers). They then send credit offers to all or some of the consumers in these mailing lists.

When potential customers actually apply for the offer, they pull the credit reports and scores of those consumers that applied and make their lending decisions. Only then do they learn about these consumers’ true credit rating. It is not uncommon for people to receive a pre-approved credit offer, apply, and then get declined.

BTW, usually all the credit card companies have some flat-rate agreement with one, two or more credit bureaus that allow them to view consumers” credit rating fairly cheap.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.