Tenant rent debts on credit report

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Repair Forum Tenant rent debts on credit report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Drahomira

My former tenant has on his credit report balance owned for rent. He contacted me and offered to pay me the balance showing on his credit report. What I need to do now to clear his credit report and to show that the debt was paid of. Do I need to contact all three credit agencies and what I will need? Thank you

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Who owns the account?

As an individual you cannot report anything to the credit bureaus. How did the debt got there in the first place? Surely you didn’t report it to the credit bureaus yourself?

My guess is that your former tenant debt went to collection, and it’s the collection company that reported it.

Under what name your former tenant debt is reported? This is the entity that owns the debt, and he should do all negotiations with them.

In any case, even is he pays I doubt if they will remove it from his report, and it won’t raise his credit score.

See why-pay-off-debts.html and how-to-pay-off-debt.html for a more detailed explanation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.