Why did my VantageScore drop 10 points?

Credit Report & Score Guide Forums Credit Score Forum Why did my VantageScore drop 10 points?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Frank

My vantage score had just dropped from 895 to 885.

The only thing that changed from previous months is that I showed a balance of ~$250 on one of my credit cards (previous months balance was zero)

My credit limit on this card is around $25,000 so my credit utilization is near zero.

My Credit-Karma score haven’t changed.

I was under the impression that some debt was better than no debt for credit scoring purposes.

Any idea?

Tracy Winters
    Keymaster

Vantage score will get you nowhere

I can’t understand why you waste your time over a 10 point drop. It means nothing.
    It’s true that having a low utilization ratio is good for your score. and by the way – your score is pretty good.

Anyway – I think that you’re wasting your time and money over vantage.

FICO is much more important. Almost all financial institutions use the FICO score and not the Vantage.

FICO and Vantage are entirely different, so monitoring your Vantage score benefit you nothing.

It’s only good for the credit bureau that’s selling you this service. They try to push it to customers’ throats, and I can see that they’re doing a pretty good job..

P.S. the same goes to KreditKarma. I know it’s free, so at least no one waste money over it, but really – it’s good for nothing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.